Opening Sentence:Take care to chop the onion fine.
Synopsis:A novel in Monthly Instalments with Recipes, Romances and Home Remedies.
Genre:Literature & Fiction
Rating:@@@@1/2 (Not quite good enough for 5 but better than a 4).
Comments:What an absolutely wonderful book! The author has captured the essence of food and the importance it plays in many cultures, while gracing us with a hugely sensual and romantic novel. Like Water for Chocolate is a feast for the eyes, the mind and the palate, using the unique format of a cookbook to demonstrate the daily life and frustrations for women in civil war era Mexico. I would love to try out some of the recipes, if I could figure out what many of the ingredients are! I highly recommend this book.
- Book #11 (February) – Like Water for Chocolate (thelemonzestblog.com)
- 10 Historical Novels (lasesana.wordpress.com)
- With the Kids Home….. (bangordailynews.com)
- The Fever For Hiking (picturesoflillies.wordpress.com)
- Valpo man finds wife in bed with another man, attacks them (posttrib.suntimes.com)