Most Thought-Provoking Book
I am not going to choose a book for this category. Rather, I am choosing an author. That author is Jodi Picoult. Jodi Picoult is an excellent author who engages the reader from page one. Her characters are real and the situations they find themselves in are completely believable and often heartrending. Best of all, Jodi does not shy away from presenting the less popular side of current and controversial issues.
The issues Jodi addresses stay in your mind long after you finish reading and I have not read a single Picoult book that has not left me questioning my own biases and pre-conceptions. Her books are technically easy to read, but emotionally difficult. I highly recommend you read at least one of her novels this year.
- 30 Day Book Challenge – Day 14 (mebookshelfandi.wordpress.com)
- 30 Day Book Challenge – Day 17 (mebookshelfandi.wordpress.com)
- Book review: The Storyteller by Jodi Picoult (emslf.wordpress.com)
- House Rules – Jodi Picoult (jennyinneverland.wordpress.com)
- Book Review – The Tenth Circle by Jodi Picoult (bookythings.wordpress.com)