Favourite short story (1,500 words or less)
While I love to read longer, novel-length, stories, that does not mean that I eschew short one-shots. In fact, sometimes a short story can have more power, emotion and impact than a longer one.
I have many, many short stories on my favourites list, but the ones I love the most are:
- Paying the Price of Justice by Poet Wroet: Harry Potter/NCIS Crossover, 1,083 words
- From the Mouth of Babes by AnUnholyAmountOfPasta: Harry Potter/Outnumbered Crossover, 580 words
- The Way (We Break) by nishizono: Harry Potter, 647 words
- Off Topic by SongoftheDarquePhoenix: Harry Potter, 1,102 words (Trigger Warning: Rape, Sexual Abuse)
- Memory by The Plot Bunny Whisperer: Harry Potter, 887 words