My name is Nurture and I am the owner of this blog. I have been asked so many questions about myself, my life and my family that I decided to format this page as a Q & A session. If you have a question you would like answered, just use the contact form at the bottom of this page.
Where are you from?
Obviously, I won’t be publishing my address on my blog, but I currently live in the western suburbs of Sydney, Australia.
Are you married?
Have you ever cheated on your husband?
No, I have not. However, we do have an open relationship, so I have experimented with other partners.
How many children do you have?
I have three beautiful daughters and one very cheeky son.
Do you have any pets?
Yes, I do. I have an extremely affectionate Koolie named Jack and a suitably aloof tabby named Mokona (after the anime characters, not the coffee).
What do you do (for a job)?
I am not working at the moment, though I am looking for a job. I am also caring for my ill husband and studying my HSC through OTEN.
I saw a picture somewhere of you wearing Hijab. Are you Muslim?
No, I am Pagan. Those of you who know me will know that I prefer not to take sides on issues I know nothing about. Having never worn Hijab, I did not feel qualified to add my voice to debates about it. Thus, I decided to wear Hijab for a month in order to gain insight into what it is like. The photograph you mentioned was taken during that period.
What kind of music do you like?
I don’t really have a favourite type of music. I like most kinds. Having said that, I do tend to prefer people with their own distinctive voice or style. Here is some random music that I like:
- Lily Allen
- The Indelicates
- After Ever After by Jon Cozart
- Billy Joel
- Rude by Magic
- Elton John
- Painted Desert Serenade album by Joshua Kaddison
- Matty B Raps
- Buddy Holly
Do you like Justin Bieber?
I have nothing against his music, but I do not like his behaviour.
Do you like [insert favourite movie here]? I do not have the time or the space to respond to every movie I am asked about. Instead, here are some random movies that I liked:
- The Lost World: Jurassic Park 2
- Barbie in Swan Lake
- Pirates of the Caribbean: At World’s End
- Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels
- Shadowless Sword
- Grave of the Fireflies
- Ice Age 3
- American Pie: The Wedding
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest
- Hang ‘Em High
What is your favourite book?
Reading is my passion and I read far too many books to be able to pick a single favourite. Here are some of the books I have enjoyed:
- A Million Dirty Secrets: Million Dollar Duet by C.L. Parker
- An Obedient Father by Akhil Sharma
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince by J.K. Rowling
- Life as we Know it by Susan Pfeffer
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling
- A Rose for the ANZAC Boys by Jackie French
- Beside the Sea by Veronique Olmi
- The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield
- Poltergeists and Other Hauntings by Rupert Matthews
- Bitten: Bites and Stings from Around the World by Dr. Pamela Nagami
- The Gold Coast (Three Californias) by Kim Stanley Robinson
Do you have a [reading] wishlist?
Do I ever! In fact, I currently have over three thousand books on my wishlist! For those who are interested, here are ten randomly selected books that I want to read, followed by a link to the full list.
- Tales From the Terrific Register: The Book of Ghosts by Cate Ludlow
- Waiting by Ha Jin
- Jesus: Last of the Pharoahs by Ralph Ellis
- Superstitions: Beliefs, Rituals and Magic by Xavier Waterkyn
- In Cold Blood by Truman Capote
- Book of Longing by Leonard Cohen
- What Philosophers Think by Julian Baggini
- Zombie Fallout 4: The End Has Come and Gone by Mark Tufo
- The Dark Side: The Inside Story of How the War on Terror Turned Into a War on American Ideals by Jane Mayer
- Mary, Mary by James Patterson
What is your favourite food?
I was going to write chocolate, but then my mind started reminding me of a bunch of other foods that I love just as much, so I have put together a listography list. Here are ten random foods from my list:
- Toasted Sandwiches with Chicken, Cheese, Avocado & Beetroot
- Brazil Nuts
- Boysenberry Ice-Cream
- Macadamia Nuts
- Carrot Cake
- Curried Sausage
- Satay Chicken
- Chocolate Cake
What is the weirdest think you’ve ever eaten and did you like it?
Natto and yes, but I wouldn’t eat it regularly.
Do you like Vegemite?
What is your favourite colour?
What is your favourite holiday?
Do you have any tattoos?
Do you have any body modifications?
I used to have a single piercing in each ear but they have closed up, so I need to get them re-done.
Do you take drugs?
You didn’t specify but I assume you mean the illegal kind. If so, the answer is no, I don’t. I do, of course, take my meds!
Have you ever been arrested?
Democrat or Republican?
I live in Australia. We don’t have Democrats or Republicans. We have Liberals (not the same as liberals) and Labor. And a whole bunch of minor parties and independents. I am a member of the Australian Sex Party, so of course they get my first preference when they run a candidate. As for the rest of my preferences, I don’t have a set voting system. It changes according to current policy.
Will you do a plug for my product/book/business?
I linked to your post. Why did you not link back?
First of all, thank you for linking to my post. I’m glad you found it interesting! Please do not take my not linking back to mean I dislike your blog. I’m sure your content is perfectly fine. However, the links at the end of my posts are based purely on relevance to what I have written, not on what I might read on other topics!