Unfortunately, this poem is more recent than I had realised and is still under copyright. However, it can be read at the Australian Poetry Library, where you can also download it for a small (around $2) fee. I highly recommend taking the time to read it. It is an excellent piece.
The time is finally nearly here. Thanks to generosity of my mother, I will be heading out with Butterfly on a Pacific Islands Cruise on Monday. I am really looking forward to it. It will be nice to have some peace and quiet. Plus, reading about the ship and everything that is included, it looks like so much fun.
We are travelling on the Pacific Pearl and visiting the Isle of Pines, Noumea and Mare. I am so excited. I am really looking forward to it.
Don’t worry, though, I am scheduling my blog posts before I leave, so you guys will still have awesome daily content to peruse while I am away.
The Christmas season can be loads of fun but, if you aren’t prepared, it can also be very stressful. Here is the ultimate checklist to help you stay on top of things and replace all that stress with relaxation and enjoyment. Continue reading
This author is incredibly talented and his entire blog is worth reading. This particular post, however, really resonated with me. I, like many of you, have been guilty of allowing my dreams to fall by the wayside. For me, my main hurdle is fear. Fear that I am just not good enough. Fear that I will fail like so many others. Fear that my dreams are not compatible with those of my loved ones and I will be forced to make a choice. Yet, allowing my fears to keep me from pursuing my dreams is, in itself, a choice. Following your dreams is a difficult path to take and chances are you will not be comfortable and you will not have it easy. Is it worth the risk? Only you can decide.
‘Ignoring your passion is slow suicide. Never ignore what your heart pumps for.’
- Kevin Claiborne
Let’s play a game of Russian Roulette.
You and I are seated at a table in a smoke filled room; there’s an old six shooter positioned perfectly between us with a single round floating in one of its chambers. The heavy aromas of mildew and fear cling to your skin causing you to perspire. We’re alone. There’s no one here to save us; the only entrance to the cell is destined to remain locked until only one of us remains. You’re scared. So am I. Our lives have been reduced to this moment where we’ll play a game of chance to see who survives. Nothing else matters right now. It’s just you and I.
There’s a coin beside the gun. We’ll flip to see who shoots first. I pick it up and use my thumb…
View original post 768 more words
Finally! I am finally done updating my blog. Continue reading
- There is nothing to list here at this time. Please check back later!
The need came on suddenly. I tried to ignore it but my body was acting before I new it. I closed my eyes in order to savor the intense sensations. A pleasant feeling spread through my body as my hand moved faster and faster. The pleasure reached a crescendo, causing my knees to weaken and my legs to tremble. I sighed with relief.
Man, it feels good to scratch!
- Reincarnation by Suzanne Weyn
- The Wild Shore by Kim Stanley Robertson
- Unmentionables: from Family Jewels to Friendly Fire: What We Say Instead of What We Mean by Ralph Keyes
- World War Z by Max Brooks
Ash Winter by Mike Mullin Ashfall by Mike Mullin This or That Survival Debate: A Rip-Roaring Game of Either/Or Questions by Erik Heinrich After the Fires Went Out: Coyote by Regan Wolfrom Birthmarked by Caragh O’Brien
- Ashen Winter by Mike Mullin
- Ashfall by Milke Mullin
- This or That Survival Debate: A Rip-Roaring Game of Either/Or Questions by Erik Heinrich
- After the Fires Went Out: Coyote by Regan Wolfrom (86 pages)
- Birthmarked by Caragh M. O’Brien
Things My Girlfriend And I Have Argued About by Mil Millington The Innkeeper of Bethlehem: The Story of Santa Claus by Scott Roloff Desperation by Stephen King Mob Rule by Hannah Evans
- Time-Lapse Map of Every Nuclear Explosion on Earth (enpundit.com)
- Nuclear Explosions Around the World 1944 – 1998 (norberthaupt.com)
- Nuclear Tests: More than 2000 Nuclear Explosions (southweb.org)
- Our Radioactive World. (radicalglasgowblog.blogspot.com)
- Science & Technology – Re: A Time-Lapse Map of Every Nuclear Explosion Since 1945 (disclose.tv)
- Disney, Interrupted: 5 Artists Who Will Change the Way You Look at Disney (bidnessetc.wordpress.com)
- Meet the stars of YouTube’s teen empire (dailydot.com)
- Pick up slang, idioms, and fast spoken English on the YouTube “React” series (connectedenglish.wordpress.com)
- Classic Songs From Popular Disney Movies (music.answers.com)
- Evolution of Fairy Tales (monicalee527.wordpress.com)
- Unhappy with Google and Youtube Video Rants (awombatsweb.wordpress.com)
- Dear Google, taking hostages counts as evil. (ask.metafilter.com)
- Nonplussed (techcrunch.com)
- Want to comment on YouTube videos? Now you need Google+ (nbcnews.com)
- YouTube -> Google + (eimzpink.wordpress.com)
- YouTube co-founder hurls abuse at Google over new YouTube comments (rinf.com)
- Google Pisses Everyone Off with Google+ & YouTube (TheMajorMinor.com)
- “F*ck You, Google+”, An Adorable Song About YouTube’s New Comments (techcrunch.com)
- RIP ‘First’ and ‘Gay’: YouTube Comments at the End of an Era (jezebel.com)
- 60,000 people want new Google+ YouTube commenting system gone (o.canada.com)
Children of the Night by Dan Simmons Never Say Boo to a Ghost and Other Haunting Rhymes by John Foster & Korky Paul We Know by Gregg Hurwitz Mindbend by Robin Cook Cruelty Games by Wendy Robertson The Sentinel by … Continue reading
I came across this great article on the web today, and since I am a huge Zurker fan, I thought I would share. The author has provided a thorough and informative comparison between Zurker & Google. She gives a fair … Continue reading
We’ll Eat Again by Marguerite Patten Full Dark, No Stars by Stephen King Family of Angels by Mike Ripley The Pied Piper of Hamelin by Robert Browning The Reunion by Simone Van der Vlugt (43 pages) Fan Mail by P … Continue reading
I pinched from Jethro on Zurker because I totally relate to almost every point! 1 Sometimes I’ll look down at my watch 3 consecutive times and still not know what time it is. 2. Nothing sucks more than that moment … Continue reading
Medusa by Clive Cussler (312 pages) Courts and Criminals by Arthur Cheney Train (53 pages) Inside Woody Allen Selections from the Comic Strip The Slough of Despond (The Reality War Book 1) by Tim C. Taylor Related articles Books I’ve … Continue reading